Prompts are drawn from the media—print, broadcast or social.
Terry Wolverton offered these prompts to collaborating poet Ramón Garcia:
• Don’t say his name (Los Angeles Times)
• I never thought Michiko would come back
after she died. (“Alone” by Jack Gilbert, Poetry)
• Einstein ring helps weigh a black hole (Earthsky.org)
• “Live from the Gutter” (song title, from What a Time to Be Alive, Drake and Future)
Collaborating poet Ramón Garcia offered these prompts to Terry Wolverton:
• …no one can be slain in absentia or in effigie. (Freud, “The Dynamics of Transference”)
• These first three Steps are the acceptance Steps. (Paths to Recovery: Al-Anon’s Steps, Traditions and Concepts).
• Narcissus, the solitary, is the very image of the adolescent. (Octavio Paz, The Labyrinth of Solitude).
• Bloom is aware of conspicuous omissions…(Christopher Benfey, “The Wonder-Wounded Harold Bloom” in The New York Review of Books, October 8, 2015).